GENERAL INTELLIGENCE ASSESSMENT (GIA) & TESTS FOR SELECTION & TRAINING (TST)Both tests are an accurate and reliable predictor of a person’s development potential – how quickly they can learn and retain new skills and procedures. Academic achievement, whilst undoubtedly playing a large part in selection decisions, is not a truly effective measure of a person’s mental ability and potential. TST and GIA are a series of “ability” rather than “intelligence” tests and include reasoning, perceptual speed, number speed and accuracy, spatial visualisation and word meaning. TST and GIA can provide answers to questions such as:
- Can this person think on his/her feet?
- Can they cope with the mental demands of the job?
- Could this person be a high flyer?
- Is this persona a problem solver?
- Objective and fair
- Quick to administer – total testing time is 45 minutes
- Accurate and reliable predictor of ability
- Completes the picture – ability levels work in tandem with PPA
- Identifies fast-tract potential
- Reduction in training and development costs by using prior assessment